Monday, October 5, 2009

ACL Fest


This weekend the Austin City Limits Music Fest was held in Zilker Park. I've gone every year since it started, but obviously this year's fest was different. I bought a one day pass for Friday, back in May, because the Beastie Boys were going to be the big act of the night. Then MCA was diagnosed with throat cancer so of course they cancelled their tour. Bummer!

Anyway, Eric, Stacey, the kids and I made our way to Zilker. Pete and Susie were also with us. The grass at the park was like golf coarse grass. You could walk barefoot. We listened to Medeski, Martin & Wood (jam band) then a couple songs of a couple other bands I've never heard of. Then it was time to go according to my body. By Sunday, the park was a miserable mud fest after tons of rain on Saturday. But I heard Pearl Jam was amazing to wrap up the festival. Hopefully I'll be back for a full weekend next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment